Before going to law school I served four years as a Coast Guard line officer. The first year I was assigned to a high endurance cutter out of Pensacola, FL. The following year I was given command of a 95′ Coast Guard patrol boat stationed in West Palm Beach, FL. We mostly did patrols of the Florida Keys doing search and rescue work, drug interdiction, and other law enforcement. The next year I commanded an 82′ patrol boat out of DaNang, Vietnam doing coastal patrols. The fourth year I taught cadets at the Coast Guard Academy and then the Coast Guard sent me to law school. I spent a total of nine years on active duty, then left to become a felony prosecutor in the State Attorney’s office in West Palm Beach, Florida.
After two years as a prosecutor, I joined a large law firm in West Palm Beach. I primarily represented Doctors and Hospitals in medical malpractice claims and General Motors and Ford Motor Company in complex product liability claims.
In 1978 I moved my family back to Pensacola, Florida to be close to my aging parents.
In 1982 I was a founding partner in a three lawyer firm. Since then I have only represented plaintiffs in serious injury cases with an emphasis on maritime and product liability claims.
Married, two daughters, four grandsons and one granddaughter. My wife of 40 years and my oldest daughter are also lawyers.
- Florida – 1972
- Mississippi – 1988
- Alabama – 1981
United States Courts Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1986
- United States District Courts:
Southern District – 1975
Northern District – 1979
Southern District – 1986
Northern District – 1986
Southern District – 1987
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, United States Coast Guard Academy, New London, Connecticut
- Juris Doctor, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- Board Certified in Admiralty and Maritime Law by The Florida Bar
- Florida Supreme Court Approved Arbitrator Training
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator in Florida, Alabama and Mississippi